The Galaxy S3 is the hottest smartphone on the market at the moment. It’s been blowing people away with its quad-core power, sleek pebble design and wealth of innovative onboard features. But you’d never expect such idioms as ‘blowing people away’ and ‘hottest’ to actually become a reality for some people, would you?
Well, this is precisely what happened to one S3 owner for whom the handset proved just too hot to handle (I’m on a roll now). The unlucky victim was driving with the Galaxy S3 in an in-car charger dock when it suddenly went up in white flames.
The phone sustained serious damage while the person was unharmed. That being said, after the owner of the pyrotechnic handset got his fingers burned in this way, it wouldn’t be surprising if he opted for another brand of phone next time.
The incident has flamed up a heated uproar in the mobile community, who immediately contacted Samsung for comment. The Korean phone giant had this to say:
‘Samsung is aware of this issue and will begin investigating as soon as we receive the specific product in question. Once the investigation is complete, we will be able to provide further details on the situation. We are committed to providing our customers with the safest products possible and are looking at this seriously’.
Sales of the Galaxy S3 have been on fire since its release, breaking records for Android smartphone sales. The S3 has just been released in the US, where it’s also expected set the smartphone scene alight.